Speaking Communicating ,expressing are vital for the whole human race as progress depends on exchanging idea and it is better to start young probably at Kindergarten level .
The child gradually learns to relate to the audience, gradually become likable and believable.
Broadly, it is to deal and with varied topics, which are engaging, educating and entertaining. The ability to speak before the people is a lifelong asset. Generally, people do not get anxious.
Just for the beginners public speaking is also called oratory or oration. Simply put it means the act of Speaking face to face to a live audience.
Kindergarteners Public Speaking –
Let us explore some ideas about improving public speaking skills amongst young children.
a) Encourage them to get involved in public speaking at very young age.
b) Encourage them to listen to your analysis after they finish speaking.
c) Play and Replay their recording as they practice.
d) Make them confident about what they have spoken and egg them on.
e) Make them hear public speaking of other children offline as well as online.
Public Speaking tips for Children-
Some Suggestions –
a) Engage them in activity areas.
b) One of the important would be story telling as it encourages the public speaking skills.
c) Organize group activities and prod them to speak while the children are at it.
d) Reciting, Nursery rhymes, Poems, mantras regularly are all these activities contributes to public speaking.
e) Meticulously teach them word games and different words, vocabulary building also helps in orating skills.
f) Enactment, pretend play also is of tremendous help in teaching through word games.
Public speaking tips for children –
• Describe a picture
• Talk about something you don’t like.
• Just in minute describe a object .
• Speak just for the sake or speaking.
• Speak about any advertisement.
• Imitate good public speakers.
• Teacher’s can encourage Anchoring.
Kindergarten Public Speaking:
Organize public speaking workshop for children during weekends:
1) Personality =EQ + IQ.
2) We need to setup the opportunities; we give them for Public Speaking.
3) Positive reinforcement and feedback is a must.
4) Get it at repeatedly till them, get it right encouragement is the KEY
Also Read: Best Way to Improve Vocabulary
Speaking Tips for students:
Let us analyze little Public Speaking Exercise:
1) One of the magic tricks is to give them fiction exercises like Tongue twisters – that definitely help the child to speak clearly yet slowly. Loud enough to be heard and soft enough to be understand.
2) Body language: If u wishes to captivate the audience. We have to train our children to be impactful.
3) Can you deny the fact that sometimes on the other we all have to confront others for speaking, either facing the class, assembly or co-students then while reading a book, answering the teacher or paragraph , narrating or reposting the incidence or even while talking about friends families or giving presentation.
4) The effective talent of public speaking is nurtured in Smart Start- the Foundation School in Greater Noida West by first removing the fear factor. We nurse this talent in slow doses by letting them make class and assembly presentations.
5) We at Smart Start believe that sooner you commence less tough it would be.
6) Key lies in exploring the children as early as possible.
7) It is always better to catch them young has long term benefits because as they have strong new points and hesitation of their own and firm ideas.
At the same time if we see the other side of the coin this also gives them opportunity to express their view points, convictions.
8) Make Oratory group.
9) Overcome hesitation encourages them at home and school.
10) Do not correct them for grammatical errors initially to make them overcome hesitation.
Tips for improving the public speaking skills of your child.
1) Listen attentively.
2) Then make them write
3) Let Them Read and narrate.
4) Repeat practice sessions.
5) Never leave an opportunity.
6) Speak in front of others people (Outsiders).
7) Be prepared to give construction guidance.
8) Unlike academics public speaking has to be nurtured repeatedly overtime.
9) Give them inspiration from some great classified talks, movies can also help.
Some mediums of public communication are Newspaper Editorials , Bill Boards, Advertisements , Magazines , Radio, TV all are important tools and can happen through public speaking events, debates, declamation , Morning assembly in school, anchoring ,Conferences, seminars, workshops, press conference , interviews etc. We expose our children to that as much as possible.
All in all, it is vital for us teachers and parents to encourage them and instill confidence in them while speaking and we the faculty and Director at Smart Start are determined to make our children good orators.
“Happy and Confident Public Speaking for Your Child “