We realized the fascination & importance children have towards the world of birds and animals, hence we decided to impact the young minds, towards learning A to Z of animals & birds. This gave us an open field to elicit lovely interest from children grade-wise to talk about a lot more through observation. Class 2nd went to the extent of PowerPoint presentation of the unique features of different animals and the learning curve took off royally when they added many more names of birds & animals other than those that are traditionally taught in pre-primary & primary classes.
Remember Earth has been a giving planet and we are blessed with innumerable animals, birds & insect
Imagine a world without Birds, animals, insects, reptiles, and many other creatures on sea, land, and skies. Can you imagine waking up in the morning without the chirping of the birds or cocka -doodle-doo of cock? Or cawing of crows every animal or bird plays a vital role in the ecological system & promotes biodiversity.
The world of animals and birds is here to inspire us & perennially help the environment eg. Fluttering butterflies in our gardens help pollinate.
Do you know you can get natural pesticides from the bats?
Birds have a big role to play in ecological balance. Let’s not forget Bees for pollinating, Beavers help in fighting climate change.
Also Read: 50+ Vegetable Names in English
Animals both big & small form our environment. We the humans have always put ourselves 1st ignoring the nature in which we thrive.
Do we need to count Domestic animals that have helped human beings evolve? We drink the milk of Cow, Buffalos, Goat, Yak, Camel, etc. Multiple animals provide us with food, and leather even, primitive men kept themselves warm with their skin. The ecosystem cannot thrive without birds, fish & pollination in the ecosystem. Whether they are Dogs, Cats, Guinea pigs, monkeys, pigs, or Hens, animals help in countless ways.
Every single creature on Earth has a role to play, no human greed should usurp the multiple benefits we reap by maintaining the ecological balance & keeping the natural world of animals, birds & other creatures intact. But Alas! Human greed and deforestation have destroyed their habitat resulting in forest fires, draughts, and lack of breathable air.
Birds are instrumental in providing rodent control pollination & seed dispersal. Insect attacks, Locust invasion can destroy agriculture & forest products & insect eating birds control that.
• At JBM Smart Start we invite birds by installing bird feeders so children can understand the importance of winged creatures as they also provide fertilizer through their beat in agriculture setting . birds are also friendly exterminators
Sea birds play a key role in cycling nutrients & helping to fertilize marine eco systems.
Occupy multiple levels of trophics webs.
These magnificent creatures are full of grace and beauty. Can we ever forget the aeroplane by Wright brothers was invented getting direct inspiration from the birds.
Coral reef growth has been possible only because of the sea birds. E.g. Guano. It is amazing that birds droppings help in fertilizing the coral reefs .
Even scavenging birds clean the environment vulture and eagles are considered the best scavengers.
Birds also help in formation of new soil.
All in all let human greed not destroy their natural habitat and interfere in the ecological balance. Each and every creature has been thoughtfully by the creator to maintain the ecological balance & beautify the world .At JBM Smart Start through A to Z of animals we evoked tremendous interest in wonders of nature. Children have developed interest in learning more and more about the world of other creatures & even watch Animal planet & discovery channel apart from adding knowledge in their memory pool.
We are familiar with the fact that birds are used as a source of food too. The importance of birds in our life finds
its way back in history. In ancient times people used to hunt birds for their survival. This led to the discovery that certain wild birds could be tamed. People got to know about poultry farming. Chickens have thought to be the oldest kinds of poultry. While ducks have been raised for meat, turkeys are used for meat and eggs as well.
● In the field of agriculture, humans started harvesting bird droppings for use as fertilizer. Due to high levels of nitrogen, potash, sodium, and phosphate, these droppings serve as an excellent source of nutrients required for plant growth.
● Chickens have been known as an early warning system for some human diseases. For example, the west nile virus is one such disease causing agent that is transmitted via mosquitoes. They tend to bite young chickens and spread the virus to other animals and in rare cases humans too.
● Apart from the crucial importance of birds in the environment, there exists an important relationship between humans and birds from a cultural point of view. Birds are kept as pets in the western world. A few of them are parrots, finches, canaries, and parakeets. Some people have a cooperative relationship with the birds. Like in Borana, Africa, birds are used as a guide towards honey being used in food. They also play a role in religion, folklore, and popular culture. They have been used as a meaningful art since prehistoric times. Many children are aware of the big bird, a large canary of sesame street fame.
● Birds’ feathers are employed to stuff pillows, mattresses, coats and quilts worldwide. People prefer goose feathers for this concept as they are very soft. Manufacturers keep the practice of mixing goose feathers to down feathers for adding extra softness.
Now that we know the importance of birds in the ecosystem, let’s consider our physical health. It is well versed in various studies that people who own pets have low blood pressure levels while they are under stress as compared to people with no pets. As per health.harvard.edu keeping a dog as a pet can decrease your triglyceride and cholesterol levels apart from the effect on your stress levels.importance-of-team-work-at-an-early-stage